1) Use a retractable badge holder to secure instruments for students with motor skill challenges. I LOVE THIS!
2) Log-in cards on a 3M hook. Mine will hang on the wall instead of on the computer monitor because my 5th graders are about to get their own tablets! Exciting! I plan to put QR codes on mine because when it comes to students entering big, long URLs, ain't nobody got time for that!
3) Framework for Talking to Parents in Kindergarten. This is good, simple advice for how to discuss a student's behavior and progress in your class no matter WHAT age they are! I am about to start my 13th year teaching and even as an experienced teacher, it is nice to have something to guide my conversations with parents. If you are a new teacher, PRINT THIS OUT. MEMORIZE IT. You never know when you will have a spur of the moment hallway conference and you might not have it handy at the time!
4) Slide the Spool. This isn't a new idea, but I haven't used it yet and I mostly want to just put it in writing that I WILL DO THIS this year, lol!
5) And last, but not least, this amazing body percussion performance by the San Fransisco School Orff Ensemble. I LOVE body percussion.
I hope you love those pins as much as I do! I am going to be blogging regularly now and will be starting a series called Focus on the First Week so be sure to check back often and FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK for updates! Also, in addition to my personal Pinterest boards that have EVERYTHING from the last 3 years of pinning, I just started up an account called Mrs. Chandler's Music Room that I will be migrating all of my music pins to so be sure to follow that, too!
Have a great weekend!